The Seventh Affiliated Hospital of University of South China was unveiled Saturday morning in Changsha, capital of Hunan Province.
The Hospital, also known as Hunan Veterans Hospital, was founded in October 1949, with the special mission of “serve the Army in war while serve the locals at other times” and has made great contribution to the army and the national defense ever since.
In order to promote the hospital’s capacity to meet the requirements of the new era, the Bureau of Veteran Affairs of Hunan Province and the University had, with a stringent assessment, worked out a plan to co-fund and co-administrate the hospital by the Bureau and the University, which was approved by the provincial government at the 126th executive meeting.
The unveiling ceremony was chaired by Gao Shan, secretary of the University committee of CPC. Xu Xianhui, vice governor of the province, Hao Xianwei, commissar and major general of the army, and Zhang Zhuohua, president of the University attended the ceremony and gave speeches. Also attending the event were officials from relevant departments and stakeholders.